An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Education Action Plans
SR-1 Community Engagement
- To develop educated, informed stakeholders who are willing to become active participants in
outreach, restoration, preservation, and protection activities in the BTES to include:
- citizen monitoring.
- vegetative planting.
- storm drain stenciling.
- data collection and mapping (inserting waypoints, photos, etc. on Google maps to
create reference points for restoration efforts).
- community outreach and social media (“Pic on a Post” and social media hashtag photo
reference points for restoration works).
SR-5 Estuarine Curriculum Development
- To continue to develop and produce curriculum and instructional materials and programs for
estuarine education for the BTES
SR-6 Continuing Education Programs and Informal Education Programs
- To provide opportunities for a comprehensive continuing education program and an informal
estuarine education program
SR-7 Financial Support for Educational Initiatives
- To garner support and secure financial resources for the implementation of curriculum,
professional development and other estuarine educational initiatives.