A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
~Henry B Adams
To schedule a teacher workshop contact BTNEP.
Each workshop is designed to meet the needs of teachers in a particular grade or subject matter.
Annual workshops held: WetShop & From H2O
Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
Number of Participants: 20 teachers
Contact: Angela Capello, (318) 623-4661, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee: $50.00
• A week-long, dynamic teacher workshop that allows teachers to work with educator/scientists to learn about Louisiana coastal wetlands, issues and history. The focus of the summer workshop is to create wetland stewards of teachers in order for them to educate co-workers and students in their home parishes about coastal land loss. Fifty-five professional contact hours will be accrued upon the completion of this wetland institute.
• Implementation of a six hour wetland stewardship project for students, teachers and/or community in your parish after completion of the summer workshop is encouraged.
• Teacher stipend available for summer workshop and wetland stewardship project during AY.
• Fisheries management; research trawling, seining
• Barrier islands and their role in coastal health
• Coastal Botany & Ornithology (visit Brown Pelican rookery)
• Water Quality Testing along fresh to salt water gradient
• Visit transitional Coastal Ecosystems
• Tour one of the largest oil ports in U.S.
• Visit coastal restoration site / Oil Spill impact sites
• Invasive Species (role in coastal land loss)
Wonders of Wetlands Teacher Guidebook
Numerous Classroom Resources
Networking with Wetland Scientists
Up to 55 Professional Contact Hours